Friday, January 12, 2007

30's the new 20, I'm so hot still!

So, I was listening to Hov today, specifically "30 Something". It is a great premise for a song and it also adds to my disdain for niglets. Jay-Z said "I'm from the era where niggas don't snitch / ya'll from the era where snitching is the shit", a well stated point. These niglets don't have respect for the "G Code". Not to romanticize the street life or the hustle, but in the words of Charlie Murphy as Gusto in CB4, "I'm three generations deep in gangster-dom, three generations". A brief history of my lineage is needed at this point, my father was a hustler, my uncle, my aunt's husband (not a good one), my grandmother's husband and numerous other kin. As a youth, I observed the game and learned the parameters and rules of engagement. The eighties and early nineties had rules, those were the years of the "Ten Crack Commandments". But these "Timberland Hustlers", that do it to buy Air Force Ones, they don't live by the same rules. When did going to jail make you a good hustler, staying out of jail means your games on point. Why do these niglets respect the niggas that get shot, that means somebody got the drop on them (again, game not on point). Why are you walking up to me telling me you have weed for sale, learn the rules of supply and demand, the hypes come to you (what are you trying to get indicted?). I know that currently I am breaking one of the rules, "the game is to be sold, not told", but in the words of KRS-One, "you must learn". So if anybody reading this is trying to get their hustle on, respect the game and the game will respect you.

Peace, I mean WAR!

No comments: