Thursday, February 08, 2007

If you claiming gangsta, bang on the system!

This morning I was feeling adventurous in my usual research and I stumbled upon Theodore Kaczynski, the Unabomber (check the pic). I was browsing through articles and sites about "terrorist" (anybody banging on the system), and it led me to Ted K.. For anybody that is not familiar with Teddy K., he sent I.E.D.'s (Improvised Explosive Devices) through the mail from 1978 to 1996 (his brother snitched on him, Sean don't fail my revolution). Now I don't agree with what Teddy K. did (if he actually was the only one responsible), his killings had no actual reasoning (most killings don't anyway). But I did take a deeper look into his manifesto, and he made a couple of valid points on the downfall of society. The manifesto went over various topics, including leftism, inferiority complexes, human suffering, race relations, the correlation of technological advances and the regression of society, revolution versus reform, etc. I read the manifest of a so-called psycho and a lot of it made sense to me. It reminded me of debates I used to have with people about the Palestinians, Lebanese, and other Arab states that are fighting for some reason that is obviously beyond "patriotic" Americans understanding. In the Air Force, they used to call me un-American because I'm a Muslim (kind of), I disagree with most of America's policies and I empathize with people outside of the borders of America. I ask, is it unpatriotic of me to understand why slaves want freedom, or poor people want money, or famished people want food, or homeless people want shelter. Does that make me unpatriotic or human? Because I can understand what Theodore Kaczynski was trying to express in his manifesto, does that make me a terrorist? Nelson Mandela was a terrorist to the government of South Africa, Malcolm X was a terrorist to the FBI in America, as was Huey, Martin, Bunchy, John F. Kennedy, etc, but now they are seen as freedom fighters and revolutionaries. I wonder in the future, who will be seen as a terrorist and who a revolutionary? Will George W. Bush be forever remembered in the same way as that drag queen J. Edgar Hoover, with a tarnished image? What will history say about the people in this war on "terrorism"? What will history say about me, or YOU? What mark will I leave on society? In closing, even if you do it the wrong way like Teddy K., make sure you make your point before you leave this place. Don't regret a minute that you spent on this Earth, go all out!

Peace, I mean WAR!

No comments: