Friday, February 16, 2007

She lives in my lap / forever my fiance / she lives in my lap / don't need no chain!

So, I was having a conversation with a friend of mine about finding romance, love, a relationship, a buddy, whatever term you want to use. My friend told me about going to clubs every weekend, looking for that counterpart to make him whole (so gay). He told me about meeting women in the clubs and then going out on dates with them, only to realize that they weren't compatible. Then he told me about how he met this female online and they started talking online and built a totally non-visual relationship. They planned a face to face meeting, and the relationship that worked without actual relations imploded and died. My brother went speed dating a while ago, so I told my friend about it and he decided to give it a try. He came back to me and told me about his short "dates" with random strangers, which turned up no real winners. So I suggested that he go about this the way our forefathers did, meet a nice girl in church. To make that long horrible story short, he met the "craziest chick in the fucking world" (in his words). He said that she became obsessed with him after two dates and even tried to introduce him as her man. He decided to try the whole internet thing again, and the last I checked, he was going out with this girl he met here on MySpace.com. I hope his search for his counterpart goes well.

Now, to me, I'm not really on the same search as my friend. I'm hoping to meet someone that I could have a good time with. I'm not going to go thru all the speed dating (unless I have a slow Saturday afternoon to burn), the internet hook-ups (unless, one of you ladies reading this can convince me otherwise), blind dates, etc. I'm not an explorative type of person I guess, unlike my friend, I'm waiting for something to fall in my lap. You know, I watch a lot of romantic comedies, and they always bump into somebody and a relationship blossoms (who writes this stuff). I guess I'm waiting for that special girl to bump into me when I'm walking out of the strip club or Applebee's. I don't know if that'll ever happen, but without dreaming we're just sleeping (philosophical, aren't I). But anyway, I met this cute girl at the club on my cuzo Jay's birthday, let's see how that goes. I got a couple prospects from the hood, we'll see if anyone of them makes the draft. And I've been eyeing a couple of my MySpace.com friends, let's see if I have to send them a message. Until it drops in my lap, I guess I'll keep visiting my friends at a little spot in Brooklyn, where I know someone will be in my lap (shout out to my home girl, Paris). And to my female friends, the boy is single and searching, holla at the kid.

Peace, I mean WAR!

No comments: