Monday, August 13, 2007

A Modern Day Lynching(Another reason for black people to hate Lousiana!)

I wanted to write a blog entry, but I couldn't find a topic. So today as usual, I was going through the Hip-Hop blogs. I went to AllHipHop.com to check out the rumors of the day. I came across a video about the "Jena Six". I've heard the story breifly on CNN before, but like probably most of America outside of Jena, LA, I wasn't too familiar with the full story. So I decided to dedicate my reentry into blogging with an entry about the "Jena Six". So read the backstory, check out the videos, and if you care, sign the petition, write a letter, call a congressperson. This is 2007, and we still have to deal with things like this. After FEMA's response to the struggling African American's in New Orleans, LA in the wake of Hurricane Katrina, Louisiana solidifies it's hatred for Black people.

In September 2006, a group of African American highschool students in Jena, LA, asked the schoolfor permission to sit beneath a "whites only" shadetree. There was an unwritten rule that blacks couldn'tsit beneath the tree. The school said they didn't carewhere students sat. The next day, students arrived atschool to see three nooses (in school colors) hangingfrom the tree. (Please note, the tree above is not thetree, but a tree at Jena High School.)

click the link below for the rest of the story:
http://www.whileseated.org/photo/003244.shtml

This is probably the only nationally televised newsreport on the "Jena Six".CNN coverage

Here's a petition for the review of the events of the"Jena Six".
http://www.petitiononline.com/aZ51CqmR/petition.html

Peace, I mean WAR!(and I really mean that now!)

No comments: