Friday, March 02, 2007

I try to pretend that I'm different, but in the end we're all the same!

Now onto some real shit, it's the return of the gangster (been vibing on Outkast again). I've been trying to get accustomed to my new "hood", it's slightly different from my old "hood". I moved to Rosedale, NY (which these niglets refer to as Mobzdale, it's a blood thing), and the niglets are different around these parts. Back in The Rock (6th borough to the death), the niglets did their niggerish deeds with more flair and finesse, out here they just follow the trends. I'm going to veer for a second and tell a story of one of my folk. One of my folks is, lets say obsessed (or has a man crush on) a famous rapper. He goes by the same name as the rapper, he emulates the rappers actions and tries to be just like this rapper. Now anybody that knows me, knows I'm a Jay-Z fan, I wish I had his money, his girlfriend, but I would never "swagger-jack" Jay-Z, like my boy has done to his favorite rapper. My family knows exactly who I'm talking about and it's kind of sad that he wants to be so much like this dude that looks like the rabbit from Donnie Darko. This actually further explains the niglets in my new "hood". They all dress like Jim Jones, with tight pants pulled down to their knees, wallet chains with no wallets, t-shirts over thermals, and the new thing, skull chains and belt buckles. Back in The Rock, at least the niglets had their own style (except for a few). I've listen to Tru Life, Nas, Jay-Z and others talking about the way New York dudes are biting other parts of the country, and for a few days I wanted to disagree, but I came to realize that it was a truthful statement. I'm proud to be myself and not a cheap rip-off of a rapper. I'm so tired of the fake Jim Jones', Lil Wayne's, T.I.'s, Kanye West's, Game's, etc. Be your own man, not a little somebody else. Also anyone that needs a good laugh, check this Cam'ron video out.

Peace, I mean WAR!

No comments: