Thursday, September 07, 2006

The Crossover!

For anybody that doesn't know me, I'm going to let you know I'm a hip-hop head or as the commercial rap listeners call us "backpacker". I don't consider myself a backpacker, I just like good music. Occasionally I listen to 50 Cent and the G Unit (Queens is the foundation) and other "commercial" rappers (its okay to party instead of thinking). But for the last couple of days I've been trying to "find" myself as a hip-hop head. So I've been embracing the true school of hip-hop, and digging into the crates, so to speak, reliving the late 80's to mid 90's (before what we call the "Jiggy Era / Bling Bling Phase"). While all my fellow hip-hop heads await Only Built for Cuban Linx 2 and Hip Hop is Dead (also title of G Unit Radio 23, Diddy Sucks), I've took it upon myself to listen to sure hits and classics. I feel old watching BET and MTV, these young whipper-snappers don't know good music. So, all my hip-hop heads, lets go to YouTube and check the Boot Camp, Def Squad / Hit Squad, Wu-Tang, Rakim, Nasty Nas (not Escobar), Big Daddy Kane, Kool G Rap and all the pioneers from the good times before Diddy.

Peace, I mean WAR!

No comments: